A key to happy life is emotional wellness. This section provides comprehensive self-esteem, stress-reduction, and mental health tools to assist in helping you achieving serenity.
Cheerfulness keeps up a kind of daylight in the mind, filling it with a steady and perpetual serenity. -- Joseph Addison
People are as happy as they make up their minds to be. -- Abe Lincoln
Empowering Serentiy and Mental Health ArticlesHow to Empower Yourself to Stop Negative Self-Talk, by Mary Coussons-Read, Ph.D. 10 Quick Tips for Simplifying -- and Improving -- Your Life, by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D. 10 Tips for Coping With Life's Stressors, by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D. Tips for Better Mental Health -- Live a Healthier Life, by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D. Whether Disabled or Not, Keep Your Spirits Up, by Jane Bergen. More coming soon!
Empowering Serentiy and Mental Health Blogs
- Anxiety Insights -- a blog about anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, and related disorders, with news and informational entries.
- Centre for Emotional Well-Being --
a blog that focuses on anxiety, depression, happiness, stress reduction, meditation, and weight loss from
two mental health professionals.
- Dr. Deb -- a blog from Deborah Serani, Psy.D., a psychologist who specializes in depression and trauma, offering practical tips to help you live a mentally healthy life.
- Ez Stress Reduction -- a blog from Dr. Larry Duboff, a chiropractic physician and wellness consultant, providing inspiration for a happier and healthier life through advice, tips, practices, and examples -- to help you improve your performance and increase your level of happiness.
- Find Your Happiness Factor -- a blog about manifesting happiness and success in your life by developing your wealth and abundance mindset. Build self confidence and self esteem: the basis of all success and happiness.
- Improving Yourself -- filled with self-improvement articles to help you truly grow your mind, overcome your limitations, and achieve your full potential. Topics include: improve your attitude, creativity, innovation, motivation, skill, self esteem, goal setting, and relationships.
- PickTheBrain: Motivation and Self-Improvement Blog --
focused on self improvement, providing tips and advice to help you live a little smarter.
- PsychEducation -- companion blog to the very informative Website of the same name, Dr. Jim Phelps uses the blog to discuss important new research results realted to mental illness.
- Relaxation Help -- a blog dedicated to relaxation tips and technqiues, stress reduction, sleep aid.
- stressed out -- a blog full of innovative methods for transforming our stress. Discusses ways to not just reduces stress, but to remove it from our bodies and lives. Some of these methods come from ancient practices, while others are developed from current research.
- Stress Tips -- a blog created by Stress Management Consultant John Townsend to assist stressed and overworked people... to help restore balance and joy to their lives.
- World of Psychology -- a blog from the Internet's largest and oldest independent mental health social network, created and run by mental health professionals.
Empowering Serentiy and Mental Health Links
- All Relaxation Tips -- dedicated to delivering valuabl relaxation, massage, and stress relief information and tools that can help you relax and enjoy life to the fullest. Includes relaxation exercises, streaming relaxation, and transcendental meditation instruction.
- Anxiety Panic Internet Resource (tAPir) -- self-help resource for those with anxiety disorders. Panic attacks, phobias, extreme shyness, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, and generalized anxiety disrupt the lives of an estimated 15 percent of the population. tAPir is a free grass-roots website dedicated to providing information, relief, and support for those recovering from debilitating anxiety.
- Building Self Esteem -- includes practical information for building self esteem and self confidence with awareness -- with free articles, tips, quiz, videos, inspirational quotes, books, and more.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance -- a leading patient-directed national organization focusing on the most prevalent mental illnesses, providing up-to-date, scientifically-based tools and information written in language the general public can understand.
- depression-screening.org -- the mission of this site is to educate people about clinical depression, offer a confidential way for people to get screened for symptoms of the illness, and guide people toward appropriate professional help if necessary.
- Freedom From Fear (FFF) -- a national not-for-profit mental health advocacy association founded in 1984. The mission of FFF is to impact, in a positive way, the lives of all those affected by anxiety, depressive and related disorders through advocacy, education, research and community support.
- Free Meditations -- offers a large collection of meditation techniques to help you reduce stress and find inner peace. The purpose of the site is to provide free meditations that bring inner peace within ourselves and the world in a positive and spiritual way.
- How to Meditate -- a site that does exactly what its name implies -- it teaches you both the importance of meditating for overcoming stress and finding inner peace and balance as well as easy ways how to meditate. The meditations involve only 10 or 15 minute breathing meditations that should easily fit into anyone's busy lifestyle.
- Insight Journal -- a resource for anxiety and depression related mental health and emotional wellness issues, where you can learn about social anxiety, adhd, panic attacks, mood swings, depression, and anxiety. Find out about symptoms, causes, chemical imbalance, and treatment options.
- Inspire Me Today --
get a daily dose of inspiration to start your day! This site has inpsirational and spiritual
messages designed to help you remember that you, and you alone, have the power to do, be or create
anything in your life that you desire. Anything. Your power is unlimited. Your wildest dreams are attainable.
- Life Challenges: The CyberCenter for Living Creatively with Life's Challenges -- a non-profit resource center originated to offer people inspiration, support and hope while they face challenges, crises, change, unexpected events, obstacles and turning points in their lives. Its goal is to provide a nurturing environment that can help you discover sign posts during transformational times when all your foundations go bust.
- Life Matters: Tools for Stressless Living -- provides information and action-oriented ways to enable you to take the next step in improving your health and well-being. Based on the idea that There is so much you can do on your own to minimize the effects of stress and rid your life of chronic stress related conditions.
- Meditation Center -- provides provide clear, straight-forward meditation instruction for all levles -- from beginners to those currently meditating. If you are just learning to meditate, you'll find everything necessary to get started quickly and easily. If you are already practicing meditation, you may discover new methods to deepen your practice.
- Meditation Spot -- provides information about how to meditate in many different ways, so that you can find a technique that suits your needs, including meditation practices for dealing with grief, recovering from addiction of illness, reducing stress, deepening spirituality, or developing creativity.
- Meditation Station -- the official website of the Meditation Society of America. Whether you're a beginner, expert, or somewhere in between, you will find valuable information on meditation techniques and concepts from all traditions throughout the world -- for helping reduce your stress, gain mental clarity, and generally improve your life.
- Mental Health America -- the country's leading nonprofit dedicated to helping ALL people live mentally healthier lives, to promote mental health and improve conditions for children and adults living with these health problems.
- Mental Health Sanctuary -- an online resource for consumers, families, and professionals in mental health. Visitors will find Information, communities, and support for mental health disorders -- including information on topics such as mental health disorders, medications, and suicide intervention.
- More-SelfEsteem.com -- proclaims to have all the tools you need to build your self-esteem and confidence at work and in your daily life -- with sections on self-confidence, words of inspiration, mental health, and self-help -- including information, courses, books, and more.
- National Institute of Mental Health -- the largest scientific organization in the world dedicated to research focused on the understanding, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders and the promotion of mental health.
- Relaxation.com -- dedicated to delivering valuabl relaxation, massage, and stress relief information and tools that can help you relax and enjoy life to the fullest. Includes relaxation exercises, streaming relaxation, and transcendental meditation instruction.
- Relaxation Centre -- offers seven rooms to develop your relaxation strategy. The site's goal is to provide visitors with the wisdom, insights, and methods to relax your spirit, rediscover your own inner peace (which has been there all along), focus your mind, and help you to manage yourself more effectively during increasingly busy days.
- Shared Paths: Guiding You Along the Road Less Traveled -- a inspirational site from Dr. Joy Koenig, whose life mission is to teach people how to be happier so that you can be healthier and more sucessful.
- A Spiritual Sanctuary -- a site for anyone seeking spiritual inspiration, resources, and nourishment, with a mission that visitors discover something with which to renew your mind, recharge your spirit and feed your soul. Includes inspirational stories, spiritual blogs, and prayer resources.
- Stress, Anxiety, and Depression Resource Center -- providing the information you need to know on all topics related to depression, stress, and anxiety -- with a large selection of very helpful articles in each of the three topic areas. You can also subscribe to the No More Stress Monthly newsletter, which provides articles on depression prevention, proper anxiety treatment techniques, reviews of natural depression treatments, interviews with psychologists, and information on both adult depression and teen depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Stress Free Net -- a system of healthcare professionals providing solutions to stress, from diagnosis and assessment to implementation and solution, including providing solutions to stress. Features include an "ask the psychologist" column, therapist directory, and more.
- Stress Management -- this site helps you find the solutions to all types of stress... how to recognize and reduce stress, solutions to make life more positive and productive. Also includes information on how to manage stress and depression by using easy techniques to lead a positive and happy life.
Empowering Serentiy and Mental Health BooksFEATURED SERENITY BOOK:
- The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want, by Sonja Lyubomirsky. A book that offers a comprehensive guide to understanding what happiness is, and isn't, and what can be done to bring us all closer to the happy life we envision for ourselves -- providing a new and potentially life-changing way to understand our innate potential for joy and happiness in our lives.
OTHER SERENITY BOOKS:
- The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook, by Edmund J. Bourne.
- The Anywhere, Anytime Chill Guide: 77 Simple Strategies for Serenity, by Kate Hanley.
- The Art of Serenity: The Path to a Joyful Life in the Best and Worst of Times, by T. Byram Karasu.
- Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment, by Martin Seligman.
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life, by Henry Cloud and John Townsend.
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness, by Daniel G. Amen.
- The Emotional Wellness Way To Cardiac Health: How Letting Go Of Depression, Anxiety & Anger Can Heal Your Heart, by Arthur Nezu, Christine Nezu, and Diwakar Jain.
- Emotional Yoga: How the Body Can Heal the Mind, by Bija Bennett.
- Everyday Serenity: Meditations for People Who Do Too Much, by David Kundtz and Steven Harrison.
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy Revised and Updated, by David D. Burns.
- Finding Peace For Your Heart A Woman's Guide To Emotional Health, by Stormie Omartian.
- From Stress To Serenity: Gaining Strength In The Trials Of Life, by Angus Jenkinson.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity, by David Allen.
- Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment, by Tal Ben-Shahar.
- Happy for No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from the Inside Out, by Marci Shimoff, with Carol Kline.
- How Full Is Your Bucket? Positive Strategies for Work and Life, by Tom Rath and Donald O. Clifton.
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life, by Martin E. Seligman.
- The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness, by J. Mark G. Williams, John D. Teasdale, Zindel V. Segal, and Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think, by Dennis Greenberger and Christine Padesky.
- Natural Mental Health: How to Take Control of Your Own Emotional Well-Being, by Carla Wills-Brandon.
- The Relaxation & Stress Reduction Workbook, by Martha Davis, Elizabeth Robbins Eshelman, Matthew McKay, and Patrick Fanning.
- The Self-Esteem Guided Journal: A Ten Week Program, by Matthew McKay and Catharine Sutker.
- Ten Days to Self-Esteem, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- 10 Simple Solutions to Stress: How to Tame Tension And Start Enjoying Your Life, by Claire Michaels Wheeler.
- 10 Steps to Take Charge of Your Emotional Life: Overcoming Anxiety, Distress, and Depression Through Whole-Person Healing, by Eve A. Wood.